Ambulance Hero Teacher Resource Booklet
The teacher resource booklet can be used to teach the safe living element of Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE), a mandatory part of the curriculum taught at all schools. The booklet is linked to curriculum indicators and outcomes. The duration of the program, including roleplay, is approximately 60 minutes and can be adapted to different classroom situations depending on age and time available.
The resource booklet enables teachers to deliver the following lessons:
- Recognising an emergency - Explained using terms such as 'big accidents' and 'little accidents' to understand the types of situations that require an ambulance.
- What to do in an emergency - Identifying an unconscious person and finding assistance from appropriate helpers.
- Calling an ambulance - Call Triple Zero (000) in a medical emergency.
- What happens when you call an ambulance - Understanding the standard set of questions asked by ambulance call takers.
- Calling Triple Zero (000) roleplay - Students practice calling Triple Zero (000) based on a number of different emergency scenarios.
Download the ambulance_hero_teacher_resource_kit [PDF, 402,263kB]