Bushfires are creating smoky conditions across much of NSW that may continue for some time. Smoke can affect your health and it is important to reduce exposure.
- Avoid vigorous outdoor exercise.
- Spend more time indoors.
- Open doors and windows during smoke-free periods.
- Avoid burning candles, incense and other indoor sources of air pollution.
- Spend time in air conditioned indoor venues like cinemas, shopping centres and libraries.
- Air purifiers with a HEPA filter in a small enclosed area can remove smoke particles from indoor air.
- P2/N95 face masks may help but must fit properly to be effective.