Welcome to families of NSW Ambulance staff
The NSW Ambulance Family Support Network has the key objective of equipping family members of NSW Ambulance staff with the knowledge and resources to look after their own and their families wellbeing.
Supports available for family of NSW Ambulance Staff
Employee Assistance and Psychological Services (EAPS)
Watch a short video from one of our Senior Staff Psychologists about EAPS.
EAPS is a professional and free telephone and face to face support service available to all NSW Ambulance employees, volunteers and their families. EAPS offers a short term solution focused counselling service. Individuals are entitled to four sessions per issue per year.
Call 1300 687 327
NSW Ambulance Legacy provides an inclusive and supportive network and services for former employees who become members.
For further information go to NSW Ambulance Legacy.
Ambulance Chaplains are part of a holistic support team that provides nonjudgmental support to Ambulance staff and their families. We can assist you to navigate feelings of loss and grief, personal challenges and issues within the family. Chaplains can also provide spiritual guidance or help to access other faith based care or welfare services and may be requested for a baptism, wedding, funeral or other ceremony.
Get in touch with a chaplain AMBULANCE-Chaplains@health.nsw.gov.au
- In home child care options
- Maintaining Wellbeing during COVID19 (PDF, 245.62 KB)
- Supporting Children - COVID19 (PDF, 295.19 KB)
- Tips for self-isolation - COVID-19 (PDF, 135.29 KB)
- Supporting children to learn from home during COVID-19 (PDF, 248.64 KB)
- Navigating our home relationships during COVID-19 (PDF, 216.34 KB)
- Meal and snack ideas (PDF, 477.16 KB)
- Managing eating triggers (PDF, 453.97 KB)
- Exercising well at home (PDF, 260.58 KB)
- Eating well whilst working at home (PDF, 176.83 KB)
- Meal preparation made easy (PDF, 292.1 KB)
- Mind Fit Self-Assessment tool for families (PDF, 232.95 KB)
- Trauma in community - how to copy fact sheet
Contact Project Officer - Family Support at AMBULANCE-FamilySupport@health.nsw.gov.au
Mon-Fri in business hours
For 24/7 psychological support for NSW Ambulance Staff and their families please call our EAPS on 1300 360 364
For Emergencies dial 000
Free and helpful resources and supports
- Wayahead Directory - search for mental health and community services near you
- In home child care applicable for NSW Ambulance staff and their families
- QLife provides anonymous and free LGBQTI peer support and referral for people in Australia wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.
- Families in focus - Australian Government website with events, facts and publications
- Making financial decisions during COVID-19
- Coronavirus resources for families - Child Family Community Australia
Sleep well baby
FREE access for a limited time to the SleepWellBaby App (powered by Tresillian) during lockdown as part of the NSW Government mental health support package with the Commonwealth Government.
SleepWellBaby provides specialist parenting and mental health support via an App. Over 40,000 have already downloaded the App that not only helps new parents with their baby’s feeding, sleep and settling, but also helps identify and connect those experiencing distress, anxiety and depression, with critical mental health services.
Parents and carers can download the SleepWellBaby App here
More free and helpful resources and supports
- 7 areas of mental wellbeing to nurture while in lockdown
- Addressing loneliness and building connection during the coronavirus pandemic
- Eight ways to manage your mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19
- Relationships Australia or call 1300 364 277 - free "Time to talk"
- Free mindfulness and ACT therapy information
- This way up - free online tools and learn practical ways to support your mental health
- Coronavirus and Black Dog Institute - digital tools and online mental health clinics
- Coronavirus and Beyond Blue
- Coronacast - ABC podcast
- Wayahead workplaces (NSW Mental Health Association) COVID-19 resources
- Dr Russ Harris strategies for wellbeing and helpful thinking during COVID-19
- Tap into emotional intelligence
Relationships Australia is a leading provider of relationship support services for individuals, families and communities. We aim to support all people in Australia to achieve positive and respectful relationships.
Domestic and Family Violence
- Violence or abuse is never OK. Support is available NOW. If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence, call @1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit 1800respect.org.au.
- Mens Line - for men who want to change their behavior. Call 1300 78 99 78, https://mensline.org.au/
Drugs- Alcohol, Nicotine and other drugs
- Family Man- Movember - free parenting advice
- Beyond Blue Healthy Families website or call 1300 22 4636
- PANDA (Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia)
- Exercise right - information and resources for the whole family
- Exercise workouts for home
- Workout Videos
- MakeHealthyNormal Workouts
- Mens Line - free help, support and referrals Call 1300 78 99 78
- The Mens Table - social connection for men
Master working from home
- Podcast - how to master working from home
- How to make your dining chair more comfortable
- A survival guide for staying at home
Young people, youth, adolescents and teenagers
For information and referral options relating to general mental health, physical health, work & study and alcohol and other drug for young people and their families a great option is Headspace
Upcoming calendar of events for NSW Ambulance staff and their families
|Event title||More information|
|Lunch and Learn|
Join us for a lunch and learn session Tuesday 2 November 1230-1pm
The format will be:
To register email AMBULANCE-FamilySupport@health.nsw.gov.au
NSW Ambulance Family Support Network Webinar Series
What topic would you like us to cover next?
Email me with your ideas AMBULANCE-FamilySupport@health.nsw.gov.au
The guest speaker podcast series is designed for busy families who would like information in an audio format to listen to whilst travelling around or doing other things. There is video yet unlike the webinar series you wont miss anything if you choose to just listen and not watch.
- Lifeline - Mark Molloy - hear how Lifeline can help you and your family
- Nutrition - Chloe Larcombe - hear from our NSW Ambulance Health Coach. Top nutrition tips for your family
- Injury Prevention Specialist - Emma Ugarte - Information and recommendations about movement and injury prevention
- Post Natal Depression - Steph Thompson - Wayahead Workplaces
If there is a topic you would like us to create a podcast on please let us know at AMBULANCE-FamilySupport@health.nsw.gov.au
Call 02 9320 7881
Mon-Fri in business hours