Welcome to families of NSW Ambulance staff
The NSW Ambulance Family Support Network has the key objective of equipping family members of NSW Ambulance staff with the knowledge and resources to look after their own and their families wellbeing.
Watch a welcome video from NSW Ambulance Commissioner to families of NSW Ambulance staff.
NEW! - watch our recorded Supporting someone who smokes webinar
Supports available for family of NSW Ambulance Staff
Employee Assistance and Psychological Services (EAPS)
Watch a short video from one of our Senior Staff Psychologists about EAPS.
EAPS is a professional and free telephone and face to face support service available to all NSW Ambulance employees, volunteers and their families. EAPS offers a short term solution focused counselling service. Individuals are entitled to four sessions per issue per year.
Call 1300 360 364
NSW Ambulance Legacy provides an inclusive and supportive network and services for former employees who become members.
For further information go to NSW Ambulance Legacy.
Ambulance Chaplains are part of a holistic support team that provides nonjudgmental support to Ambulance staff and their families. We can assist you to navigate feelings of loss and grief, personal challenges and issues within the family. Chaplains can also provide spiritual guidance or help to access other faith based care or welfare services and may be requested for a baptism, wedding, funeral or other ceremony.
Get in touch with a chaplain AMBULANCE-Chaplains@health.nsw.gov.au
The Fitness Passport program allows eligible employees and their immediate family members (partner and/or children) a greatly discounted membership to gyms, fitness facilities and aquatic centres across NSW. In our current COVID-19 environment, unfortunately all gyms and pools are closed, but once these restrictions are eased, the Fitness Passport Program will be up and running again for you to access facilities.
- Maintaining Wellbeing during COVID19 (PDF, 245.62 KB)
- Supporting Children - COVID19 (PDF, 295.19 KB)
- Tips for self-isolation - COVID-19 (PDF, 135.29 KB)
- Supporting children to learn from home during COVID-19 (PDF, 248.64 KB)
- Navigating our home relationships during COVID-19 (PDF, 216.34 KB)
- Meal and snack ideas (PDF, 477.16 KB)
- Managing eating triggers (PDF, 453.97 KB)
- Exercising well at home (PDF, 260.58 KB)
- Eating well whilst working at home (PDF, 176.83 KB)
- Meal preparation made easy (PDF, 292.1 KB)
- Mind Fit Self-Assessment tool for families (PDF, 232.95 KB)
Contact Project Officer - Family Support at AMBULANCE-FamilySupport@health.nsw.gov.au
Response times are within 48 hours Monday-Friday
Free and helpful resources and supports
- NEW! listing on our site - Quit Smoking
- Families in focus - Australian Government website with events, facts and publications
- Making financial decisions during COVID-19
- Free ABC TV education
- Coronavirus resources for families - Child Family Community Australia
- Time to talk - free relationship counselling by Relationships Australia
- Mens Line - free help, support and referrals Call 1300 78 99 78
- Free mindfulness and ACT therapy information
- This way up - free online tools and learn practical ways to support your mental health
- Coronavirus and Black Dog Institute - digital tools and online mental health clinics
- Coronavirus and Beyond Blue
- Coronacast - ABC podcast
- Wayahead workplaces (NSW Mental Health Association) COVID-19 resources
- Dr Russ Harris strategies for wellbeing and helpful thinking during COVID-19
- Tap into emotional intelligence
Domestic and Family Violence
- Violence or abuse is never OK. Support is available NOW. If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence, call @1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit 1800respect.org.au.
- Mens Line - for men who want to change their behavior. Call 1300 78 99 78, https://mensline.org.au/