If you have received an invoice from NSW Ambulance and are having difficulty paying or dispute the charge, you can apply to have a fee review.
The review may result in the fee being waived in full or in part, or may result in alternative payment arrangements being put in place, such as an installment plan arrangement or an extension of time to pay. This information sheet provides some additional details on how to apply for a fee review.
Fee review application forms
- Application for Fee Review - Non-financial hardship
- Application for Fee Review - Financial hardship
- Application for Fee Review - Natural Disaster
For more information, view:
- Fee Reviews – Frequently Asked Questions
- NSW Ambulance Patient Payment (Fee) Review Operating Procedure
Health Services Amendment (Ambulance Fees) Act 2014
The Health Services Amendment (Ambulance Fees) Act 2014 came into effect on 1 June 2015. The Act confirms the exemptions that are in place for pensioners and concession card holders and provides a mechanism for fee reviews for people having difficulty paying their ambulance bills. The legislation also introduces powers for the Commissioner of Fines Administration to take action to recover unpaid debts on behalf of NSW Ambulance. This fact sheet provides an overview of the exemptions that apply for ambulance fees and the processes in place to recover unpaid fees from patients who are not exempt and who fail to pay when invoiced for NSW Ambulance services.
For more information, view the Health Services Amendment.
- a private health fund
- a school or group contribution
- a workers compensation, motor accident or third party insurance claim. However, workers compensation provider will be charged with full rates
- The Lifetime Care and Support Authority.
- a workers compensation, motor accident or third party insurance claim. However, contracted services, worker compensation patients are required to pay the full fee for the service provided by NSW Ambulance with a call out fee of $797 plus an additional charge of $7.20 per kilometer (or part thereof).