NSW Ambulance is required by the GIPA Act to record and publish certain information about some contracts with private sector bodies.
Part 3, Division 5 of the GIPA Act states that information about contracts worth more than $150,000 between agencies and private sector bodies must be recorded in a register of government contracts.
Contracts that must be included in the government contracts register are those:
- between an agency and a private sector contractor
- signed after 1 January 2007 or, for local councils and state-owned corporations, after the commencement of the GIPA Act
- for a value of $150,000 or more, and involve:
- the contractor undertaking a specific project such as construction, infrastructure or property development.
- the contractor agreeing to provide specific goods or services
- the transfer or lease of real property.
Details of NSW Ambulance government contracts can be viewed at eTendering.
Class Three Contracts
NSW Ambulance is required by the GIPA Act to publish copies of Class 3 contracts.
Part 3, Division 5 of the GIPA Act, section 31 states that Class 3 contracts (Class 2 contracts with a value of $5M or more) are to have a copy of the contract included on the contracts register.