NSW Ambulance is required by the GIPA Act to record and publish certain information about some contracts with private sector bodies.
Part 3, Division 5 of the GIPA Act states that information about contracts worth more than $150,000 between agencies and private sector bodies must be recorded in a register of government contracts.
Contracts that must be included in the government contracts register are those:
- between an agency and a private sector contractor
- signed after 1 January 2007 or, for local councils and state-owned corporations, after the commencement of the GIPA Act
- for a value of $150,000 or more, and involve:
- the contractor undertaking a specific project such as construction, infrastructure or property development.
- the contractor agreeing to provide specific goods or services
- the transfer or lease of real property.
Details of NSW Ambulance government contracts can be viewed at eTendering.